Digital Marketing is a technology driven factor for today growing business. It has become essential to adopt good digital marketing tactics to drive your business and reach out to the targeted audience. The marketing Tactics which now commonly utilized by a majority of the businesses to improve their level of business with the help of digital technology mainly on the Internet also includes mobile services and other media is known as Digital Marketing.
Digital marketing is the promotion of products or brand via one or more forms of electronic media and differs from a traditional marketing in that it involves the use of channels and methods that enable an organization to analyze marketing campaign.
Digital Marketing is popularly known as “Internet Marketing”, “Online Marketing” in the USA, “Web Marketing” in Italy & “World Wide” in the UK; however, the term Digital Marketing is now popularly used in most of the countries since 2013.
Seeing back in the history of Digital marketing to better know about it, we will come to know that, its roots lie in mid of 1980’s. The term Digital Marketing was first used in 1990’s according to the Forbes’s archived from ‘The Original’ on Nov 4, 2013, when Soft Ad Group (now its name changed into Channel Net) developed advertising campaigns for Automobile companies. In the 2000’s & 2010’s, the Digital marketing became more sophisticated as the advancement in the capability in the devices to access the digital media at almost any given time led to great growth.
How can we reach to our customers in this tough competition? Or how can I compare the services or product or from where can I get the product or services which can satisfy me? A such number of questions leads to the development of things, in this case of Digital Marketing. Before the age of computers, the internet & digital media, the customers were dependent on the Analog or paper or voice marketing & advertising for their required stuff. The same thing happened with the business owners to increase their business, to reach to the customers. Though today also these means of advertising and marketing tactics exists, the Digital marketing emerged as the great, fastest and efficient and affordable marketing tactics among all. However, for best results, the business men or customers use all the possible available marketing and advertising means.
So the question remains that what exactly the Digital Marketing have in it? The answer depends on the type of business whether it is the ‘B2B’ or ‘B2C’ type. It is not enough to just know the customers; you should know them than anybody else so you can communicate with them where, when and how they are most respectful to your message. This can be achieved with the help of Digital Marketing tactics since people spend their time on the digital Media. It is also important to know the strengthening points & flaws of your business then only you can use the Digital Marketing as a powerful tool to achieve what you are desired in the business.
Following are the tactics/forte/Assets of the Digital marketing to boon your Business:
- You must have Your Website.
- You have to Post Blogs about your business.
- Use of EBooks & Whitepaper.
- Informatics & graphical presentation about your business & performance i.e. Infographics.
- Interactive Tools so that user of your website can feel comfortable while searching or communicating.
- Use of Social Media channels (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Take care of your Logos, fonts, etc I.e. Branding.
- Avail Online Broachers & lookbooks for the user.
- Earn Online coverage (PR, social media & reviews)
- Implement Tactics such as SEO (search engine optimization) to your website so as to rank higher in the search results thereby increasing the Organic Traffic to your website.
- Implementing Content Marketing for generating the Brand awareness, traffic growth, & more importantly lead generation or custom.
- Considering & implementing all the above tactics seriously, then the business will definitely boom like a king.
Business To Business (B2B):
Here the digital marketing efforts are likely to be concerned with online lead generation. The role of marketing strategy is to attract and convert the highest quality leads for your salespeople via your website & supporting digital channels.
Business to Customer (B2C):
Here the digital marketing efforts are likely to be concern/centered is to attract people to your website and have they become customers without ever needing to speak to a salesperson i.e. focusing on building an accelerated buyer’s journey, from the moment someone lands on your website, to the moment that they make a purchase.
Benefits can be sum up as follows,
- Website Traffic– you can actually see in real time the number of people visited your website using some tool
- Content Performance and Lead Generation– you can measure exactly how many people view the page where it’s hosted & you can collect the contact details of those who downloaded it by using form Also you are getting the quality and organic leads.
- Attribution modeling– It allows you to identify trends in way people search and buy your product which ultimately helps you to focus on the planning & executing your marketing strategies.
- Cost– Minimum cost is required to implement digital marketing for your business.
Connecting the dots between marketing & sales is hugely important. If you can improve your customer’s journey through the buying cycle by using Digital Marketing and other forms of marketing, then it’s likely to reflect positive results for your business.
I hope, this basic informative blog will help you understand the concept of “Digital Marketing”. If you want to know each and every point in deep, and then keep a habit of reading, huge knowledge is present around us; just we have to search for it. If you require any service for Digital marketing, visit our site neutechservices.com
(Blog is written by – Siddharth T. Fulmali, Neu-Tech Geek Services, Ballarpur (M.S.), India, )